Fiafia Day

Tongan Rehearsals

07 December 2009

Yendrra School Fiafia Day!

Have you had a Fiafia Day at your School?


On Thursday 3th December 2009,Yendarra School had a Fiafia Day and I was quite excited because this is Senior's day to perform. So, do you know which groups were going to dance? The groups that were going to dance were Maori, Samoan, Tongan and Cook Island.

First it was time to get changed and when I started to get change, I looked nice. Then my group Samoa was ready and we went outside and I saw the Cook Island group they looked amazing and their clothes were like my group.

After that Michael Pule started to say something and it was Shiroh's turn to say that we have to stand up and sing the National Anthem. I was singing it in follow by heart and everybody in the School(and Parent)were singing wonderful,beautiful like Miss Hughes. It was like we are going to play for the All Blacks team and I was feeling happy when I was singing the song.
Then we all sat down and it was time to do the dance but, it was the Maori group fist and they were singing clearly and wonderful like the All Blacks. After a while, the boys were starting to do the Haka and that was amazing .I was feeling happy because it looks like the School is looking at the All Blacks.

When the Maori group finished it was time for Mele speacked cleally and wonderful and the Togan dance started it look like they were dancing like the Samoan group.

After Abigail came up the stage with the Cook Island group. The Cook Island were amazing and I like when they were dancing and the last part was nice and my favourite part was that they were still dancing and they went out of the stage .

I was so so excited because it was my group's turn,then it was time to do the girls dance and my mum was happy and smiling and Soa said that we have to smile so I smile so I smile bright like the sun shine and when the girls dance finished it was time to do the Sasa. The Sasa is one that everyone had to join in with and you can do any actions.

Mrs Dunlop told Mrs Fuli to come up the stage because she is leaving Yendarra School and all of the speakers were holding flowers and lollies. Then Sarai and Farah stood up and their dance was amazing and I think I hope next year I will dance like that. All of the teachers were dancing and Miss Hughes stood up because Mrs Dunlop said that some teachers can come up and dance. Miss Hughes was trying her best trying to dance like a Samoan lady.

When the show was over, everybody packed up their things and went back home and all of the groups went back and change back to their uniform.

My favourite one was all of them because they were dancing beautifully and wonderfully. I hope that we do it next year and next week.

By Tracey

2 comments:

  1. WOW! TRACEY WHAT A GREAT fiafia day recount. I loved how you tried to include intresting detail.

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great recount of our fiafia day Tracey. Your mum was special coming into school so early to help decorate our stage. Please thank her for me.

    ReplyDelete