Fiafia Day

Tongan Rehearsals

07 December 2009

Our Fiafia Day:)

Last Thursday at school we had a FiaFia Day. A Fiafia Day mans a happy day and there were all sorts of cultures there.
Firstly our morning started off with Mrs Dunlop (our Principal) saying her speech.
After that I introduced Te Waiariki Maori Group to the stage. Te Waiariki Maori Culture Group sang He Honore (a hymn), Toia Mai (an action song), Kamate (a haka) and lastly Pakake Mai, a fun Jump Jam Song. While I was up on stage I was nervously waiting and as we were singing Pakake Mai i could see the little children dancing along!
Meanwhile the Tongan Group were already on stage. Their performance consisted of a Tau'olunga (a Female dance) and a Fute (a funny entertainment song). I enjoyed watching the Fute because it was quite funny.
Later the Cook Island Group stood on stage. Watching the Cook Islanders perform made me feel energetic watching their rhythmical moves and swaying hips.
Finally the Samoan Culture Group waited on stage to perform their items. In their performance they performed a Tau'olunga, a Sasa and a Ma'ulu'ulu. I really enjoyed watching Sarai and Farah dancing and watching Toe running around on the stage.
Overall I really liked watching the Cook Island Group they were so full of energy and rhythmical.
By Shiroh

3 comments:

  1. Dear Tui

    What a great recount you have written about our fiafia and it let me revisit our fiafia day all over again. Keep up the great writing as you really hooked me in with the words that you chose and the way you linked them together. Well done!

    Mrs Dunlop

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful, detailed recount of our Fiafia Day, Shiroh. Well done for using lots of super vocabulary to interest the reader and describe things precisely.

    I really liked watching the Cook Island group but also thought you sang beautifully with the Maori group. What a fantastic day to be at Yendarra School!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi shiroh i really liked your long long story it was fantastic. I liked how you said that the little ones were dancing along to pakake mai and you did a very interesting recount
    bye Latesha

    ReplyDelete