Fiafia Day

Tongan Rehearsals

07 December 2009

Fiafia Day

Do you want to know about my Fiafia day?
Well last Thursday we had a Fiafia Day. Early in the morning, some parents came in and decorated the stage.
Then at 9.15 am all the Senior classes came out where the net ball court is. Then we all went into our places ready for the show.
After that the Maori group went up on the stage but first Abigail started speaking then Michael said that we were going to do our National Anthem.
Next Shiroh said that the Maori group were going to do their performance. Then the Maori group started to do their performance and it was awesome!
Then the Tongan group did their lovely dance and I thought their costumes were amazing.
After that the amazing Cook Island group did theirs .Then the last group of the day was the Samoan group and they were lovely.
My favourite performance group was the Cook Island because the boys legs were moving hard and the girls hips were shaking hard and I couldn't take my eyes off of them. But all of them were good.
At 1.00 we had to get to get out of our costumes then we all went back to our classrooms but it was a lovely day and I wish it was like that every single day!
By Latesha

2 comments:

  1. What a great report Latesha and thank you for writing it as it allowed me to relive the fiafia all over again. Keep up the good writing Latesha and the great singing and dancing as you were superb on the stage with the Maori group. I know Nana would have been very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful recount about Fiafia Day, Latesha. I couldn't take my eyes off the the Cook Island group either - weren't those legs amazing!

    I love the way you have used time connectives and details and that you told the reader your thoughts and feelings - well done!

    ReplyDelete