Fiafia Day

Tongan Rehearsals

04 December 2009

The Story of Fiafia Day

Do you want to know what we did on Fiafia Day?

On Thursday 3rd December we went to get ready to go and dance in front of the whole school because it was our Fiafia Day.
When we started, the Maori group was cool because they did the haka.
After that, the Tongan group went on the stage. The best part in the Tongan group was when they stomped and nearly broke the stage!
Then the Cook lsland group went on the stage and this was my group. When we started everybody started to scream and clap. I was so proud!
Then the Samoan group went on the stage and the first dance was so cool and amazing. Later during the Tau a' lunga the teachers started to dance too!
After that the bell rang to go to class and when we came to class Miss Hughes said, "We are going to write a recount about what happened on Fiafia Day for our class blog."
I hope we have another Fiafia Day next year because it was cool!
By Mawutu


3 comments:

  1. You should have been proud, Mawutu! You did such a great job singing and dancing - I loved the way you danced in the Cook Island group.

    I love the way you opened your recount with a question and put the events in time order.

    Awesome recount, Mawutu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mawutu you had a great movie of the Cook
    Island group well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mawutu I have enjoyed reading your fiafia recount and I think all of the fiafia was my favourite part as everyone was so good. I am so proud of your brilliant recount. Well done and keep this up!

    ReplyDelete