Fiafia Day

Tongan Rehearsals

09 December 2009

A wonderful Fiafia Day

















On Thursday the 3rd of December, we all had a lovely day. When I got to school I saw lots of kids playing. First the bell went and we all went inside our classes then Miss Hughes said it is a special day today and we were so happy. Next we all went under the Canopy with our teacher and the kids.


Finally all the classes were coming and the Maori kids went up the stage and perform. After they performed they were so cool. Soon after that the Maori went and sat down. Later the Tongan came up on the stage and danced to their song. The best one I like when they all danced and it was so beauitful and wonderful.

Then the Cook Islanders came on and their uniform was wonderful and I really loved the Tongan group and the Cook Island. Also the Maori were so cool. After that we went up the stage and performed.



After we performed Mrs Dunlop came up the stage with Mrs Fuli. Mrs Fuli was so happy to come up on the stage. Also kids took some flowers and lollies. After that Tua said, "May the teachers come up and dance." When all the teacher's came and danced, me and Miss Hughes danced along to the song and I was so happy when me and Miss Hughes danced.

At last Mrs Dunlop said, "Thank you for coming. I hope everyone has had a good time!" When Mrs Dunlop said something everyone was gone.

I love to be a Samoan. I wish that we can do Fiafia Day again.



By Masina

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kids,

    Well done on all the lovely work on your blog. I hope you all enjoyed your Fiafia day. I expect Miss Hughes is a wonderful dancer - I am sorry I was not there to see her in action on the dance floor. Your costumes look so bright and colourful, you have all been working very hard to put on a great show. Keep it up!

    Mr Tony Hughes (Emily's Dad)

    ReplyDelete