Fiafia Day

Tongan Rehearsals

11 December 2009

Year 6 Graduation!




Yesterday afternoon we had Year 6 Graduation.

The day started off with Mrs Dunlop saying her speech and everyone singing our New Zealand National Anthem. After Mrs Dunlop's speech we all sang Little Drummer Boy.

Then Mrs Dunlop announced the winners for 'The Best We Can Be' awards.
There were so many winners and I thought they all deserved the award and so we all gave them a big round of applause.

A while after that they announced the 'Aspring Leadership' awards and so they named "Kalisi, and the next girl who will be awarded this trophy goes to...Shiroh Tata!" I was in shock but also proud of my award then I was on stage getting hand my lay from Megan as well as a trophy and certificate from Mrs Dunlop. As I walked off the stage, I had a BIG SMILE on my face.

"Now we will be annoncing the 'Top Male and Female Sportsmanship Award' and this award is shared between two girls and they are Mia Tata and her sister Shiroh Tata!" said Mrs Dunlop.

Once again I was in bigger shock but also very very proud of myself and Megan gave me a lay again and i got a warm hug and a trophy from Mrs Takatainga.

Overall I was very proud of myself and so were my family about my achievement through the past years at primary.

As I got home my mum gave me some money and my sisters and I went down to the mall and bought some things there. For me and my sister graduating we had a big dinner and i enjoyed every second of it!
By Shiroh



2 comments:

  1. Well I know which Tui this is from and a very deserving Tui I think!

    I thought of you having your yummy dinner last night Shiroh and know how proud your whanau would have been. Well done!

    The flowers you were given are spelt lei and could you fix your lower case i as when you are talking about yourself you are so special that you need to use an I.

    I will miss you next year.

    arohanui

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shiroh - I really liked the fact that you put video with your recount. When I read your wonderful words it was also very exciting to watch the video of your receiving the awards! I am sure that it is also good so that people who couldn't be at the prize giving were also able to watch it on the internet and that way you could share it with them!
    Room 8, Melville Intermediate, Hamilton, Waikato.

    ReplyDelete