Fiafia Day

Tongan Rehearsals

07 December 2009

Fiafia Day

On Thursday 3rd of December 2009 we had a Fiafia Day to celebrate all the culture groups at Yendarra School.

First our Principal Mrs Dunlop was welcoming all the parents and family who came to our Fiafia Day.

After that the Maori group came and performed their dance.

After that the Tongan group was on and they sang their National Anthem then they did their beauitful dance.

When the Tongan group finished their dance, the Cook Island group was on and at the end of their dance the Cook Island group did a drum dance.
Later, when the Cook Islanders finished, my group was on which was the Samoan group. I was so scared to go on the stage because I was the first person to go on. The best part I liked about my group was when the girls were dancing and at the end of it the two girls stood up and did a dance and all the teachers were dancing and I was laughing.

After that our Principal Mrs Dunlop came up on the stage again and thanked the parents and family who came to our Fiafia Day.

After that we all went back and got into our uniform then went to our classes before having our lunch.

I wish we have another Fiafia Day next year!

By Leinati




3 comments:

  1. WOW Leinati
    You have done such a great job on writing about our Fiafia Day.I liked how you added what the our principal said and what Shiroh, Mele, Michael and Abigail said.So Well Done to you!!I also liked the video you have chose.You wrote an awesome recount about our Fiafia Day and again WELL DONE Leinati!!!!

    I liked our Fiafia Day too and I hope the Yendarra Seniors will do it all over again too next year.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic recount, Leinati - I really like the way you used paragraphs and time connectives to show the order the events happened.

    Wasn't it a great day? I loved your Samoan dancing and wish I could have looked so pretty and graceful when I tried!

    I would love to hear about Fiafia Day next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved our fiafia too and wish that we could have a fiafia every month as it was so much fun! I love your recount Leinati. Well done!

    ReplyDelete