Fiafia Day

Tongan Rehearsals

20 November 2009

Myth - Tane and the Stars

A long, long time ago there was a god named Tane and he was the god of the stars. One day Tane had the stars down with him. He made a bag then he put the stars into the bag then Tane flew into the empty black sky. When Tane flew into the sky he threw the stars into the sky. Everyone was so happy because the sky wasn't empty anymore and it was shining bright yellow into people's eyes. People couldn't stop looking at the stars because everyone was so glad with Tane. Tane was very proud of himself that he did a really good  job. After Tane came back, he went to take a shower then he ate than he went to have a rest and then he went sleep.

Rewritten by Leinati


10 comments:

  1. What a lovely myth, Leinati. I like your opening which tells me the story happened a long time ago. Well done for getting in lots of details and adjectives. The ending made me smile!

    Love Miss Hughes x

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Leinati

    This is a very great story you choose I hope we can hear more of you interesting stories

    By Lauryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leinati
    What a magnificent myth you wrote!!Hope to here more from you again.

    love from
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Room 13
    I like your blog it is wonderful .I love your story it sounds wonderful and exciting.
    Love Janah and Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leinati

    I really love reading the last part made
    me laugh.

    from Tuni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Leinati

    I love your blog it is wonderful.I love your
    story it sounds wonderful and exciting.
    love from Tuni.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello room 13
    i am jesus your blog is very nice.how did you get that background.please go to room25online.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the ending to the story that talks about Tane going home after he had finished and having a shower, that's something that I didn't really think of when I think about that story but then he must have done that! I really liked how you took a special New Zealand Myth and re-wrote it Leinati, its a great job that you have done.
    Room 8, Melville Intermediate, Hamilton, Waikato.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Leinati, I really enjoyed reading your version of Tane and the Stars. I know why people used to tell that story - there is something very special about lying outside and looking up and the stars for a long time and thinking about how they got there. I hope I will be doing that again in the school holidays when I get to the beach :)
    Mrs Burt
    Pt England

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Miss Hughes thanks for leaving us a comment and well put your class on our class blog role. You might also want to check out this class:
    http://room10greylynn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete